- Total sign area shall not exceed three square feet per sign in all zoning districts and on any signs attached to or displayed from a vehicle or trailer on private property;
- Signs shall not be illuminated;
- Signs shall not be located within one hundred feet of any polling place on election day;
- Adhesive signs shall not be placed on structures in any location other than on a glass surface; and
- Signs shall not be placed without the written consent of the property owner (note: signs in City right-of-way are not allowed; signs in State right-of-way require a special permit from CalTrans).
Additionally, in areas other than the Coastal Zone (17.36.060):
- Signs shall not be installed more than forty-five days before the election and shall be removed within seven days after the election.
Please contact the Planning Division at (805) 773-4658 for information about sign regulations.
Signs in City Right-of-Way
In accordance with Pismo Beach Municipal Code Chapter 12.32, campaign signs are not permitted in City right-of-way or on City property. Signs placed in City right-of-way or on City property are subject to removal. Campaigns signs that have been removed from City property by the City may be available at the City Clerk's office at 760 Mattie Road (805-773-4657), the Public Works Corporation Yard at 550 Frady Lane (805-773-7053), or the Police Department at 1000 Bello Street (805-773-2208) for a period of time after removal.
Signs in Caltrans (State) Right-of-Way
Please contact CalTrans at (916) 654-6473 for information about its outdoor advertising program (for placement of signs within state highway right-of-way).