Business License

Business License Summary
A business license, also referred to as a Business Tax Certificate, is required of all businesses and in-home businesses operating within the city limits, including temporary activities and contractors with offices located outside of the city. Please refer to the Business Tax Certificate Application Procedure brochure for commonly asked questions, resources, and additional information.

In addition to a regular license to do business within the city there is a Contractor Business License and a Special Events Business License.

Home Occupation Permit
If the business is conducted from your home in Pismo Beach, you will need a Home Occupation Permit. A Home Occupation Permit is submitted to the Community Development Department, Planning Division.

The Administrative Services Department requires proof of payment of the Home Occupation Permit prior to issuing a Business Tax Certificate. Any additional information regarding a business license can be obtained by calling the Finance Department at 805-773-4655.
State Board of Equalization
Doing Business Just Got Easier

The Board of Equalization (BOE) is pleased to announce eReg, a new Electronic Registration system, effective June 18, 2012. Electronic Registration (eReg) is a convenient, fast, and free way to register online for a permit, license, or account with the BOE. Get more information.
Online Purchases